bowling-forum.net
The bowlers choice for bowling chat.

Main
Date: 29 Dec 2004 09:06:42
From:
Subject: increasing revs
Ok, help me out here guys. How can I increase the revs of my ball
without a wrist aid and without snapping my wrist on the release? It
may be an optical illusion, but I think my ball has really low revs
coming off my hand. Thanks.





 
Date: 31 Dec 2004 05:08:43
From: NimBill
Subject: Re: increasing revs
>From: andrew.g.tsai@gmail.com

>Ok, help me out here guys. How can I increase the revs of my ball
>without a wrist aid and without snapping my wrist on the release? It
>may be an optical illusion, but I think my ball has really low revs
>coming off my hand. Thanks.

More hand under the ball or more armswing speed are the only ways to get more
revs and more armswing speed may not do it if your hand position is wrong.

Know this is not much help but I cannot give proper advice without watching you
bowl.










 
Date: 30 Dec 2004 21:01:40
From:
Subject: Re: increasing revs
Joe-

Thanks for the tips, I'll concentrate on these things next time.

As far as fingers under the ball, how far under the ball are should the
fingers be? I has small hands, so my fingers are close to the thumb.
>From the side view, I'd say my fingers are more "behind" or "beside"
the ball than under it (depending on my hand position). It seems
somebody with longer fingers would have an easier time getting the
fingers under the ball at release. Any suggestions?



  
Date: 31 Dec 2004 11:43:05
From: Joe Zachar
Subject: Re: increasing revs


andrew.g.tsai@gmail.com wrote:

>Joe-
>
>Thanks for the tips, I'll concentrate on these things next time.
>
>As far as fingers under the ball, how far under the ball are should the
>fingers be? I has small hands, so my fingers are close to the thumb.
>>From the side view, I'd say my fingers are more "behind" or "beside"
>the ball than under it (depending on my hand position). It seems
>somebody with longer fingers would have an easier time getting the
>fingers under the ball at release. Any suggestions?
>
>

The size of the hand can make a difference in the release. But the most
important thing is to get a clean thumb release to maximize what you
have. My span is about 4" (inner edge of finger hole to inner edge of
thumb hole) and I seem to get enough on the ball to carry the pins.

As far as the wrist position goes try to imagine a line going around
your ball like the equator around the earth. During any wrist position
the equator line around the ball will still cut the ball in half and
appear horizantal. If you bend the wrist back your fingertips will
probably be on or above the imaginary equator line on your ball (weak
release). If you hold your wrist straight the finger tips will probably
be just below the line (average release). Finally, if you cock your
wrist, the finger tips will be at their greatest distance below the
equator line on the ball (strongest release).

You may need anyone one of the releases depending on the lane
conditions. Dry lanes you may need to bend your wrist back to "kill" the
hook action of your ball. On medium lanes the straight wrist may also
be enough to carry. On heavy oil you may need the strongest release.

There is also the position of the hand at the release. Imagine a clock
face on the foul line. 12 O'Clock towards the pins and 6 O'Clock
towards the approach. A release with zero degrees, where you fingers
would be at 6 O'Clock at the release, will have very little side
rotation and more end over end rotation. A 90 degrees release, where
you fingers would be at 3 O'Clock, hand on the side of the ball (9
O'Clock for lefthanders) would give you the most side rotation.

Most people would probably release the ball around 45 degrees (fingers
somewhere around 4 or 5 O'Clock (7 or 8 O'Clock for lefthanders)). The
45 degree release will get more side rotation that the zero degree
release but less skid than the 90 degree release.

Adjusting the hand position around the ball, like adjusting the wrist
position, will give you many different types of ball reactions. With the
hand behind the ball, more end over end, the ball may have a tendency to
hook earlier with less backend. With the hand at the 90 degree release
you get more skid in the front part of the lane and more hook action at
the back of the lane when the ball hits the dry boards.

This is a lot of information to grasp all at once. You should just
concentrate on mastering one release at a time. Start with the 45
degree hand position along with the straight wrist position. Get
consistant with that release and build from there.

One last thing I think I should mention. The hand position and wrist
position is the final position just before the release. For example,
Norm Duke will bend forward to get the ball shoulder high in the back
swing. He has very little movement in his hand position during the
backswing. On the other hand, Pete Weber, has to rotate the hand so the
thumb is pointing away from his body in order to "unhinge" the shoulder
to get the ball over his head in the backswing. But his hand and wrist
rotate back to the release position during the downswing.

Joe Z





>
>



 
Date: 29 Dec 2004 14:06:09
From: Joe Zachar
Subject: Re: increasing revs
You have supplied no information that would give me a starting point to
help you but I can try some general information.

If you use a conventional grip move up to a finger tip grip. There's a
horizental line that runs through you grip (halfway between the finger
holes and the thumb hole). The further you can keep your fingers below
that line, prior to the release, the more revs you can put on the ball.
A fingertip grip will allow you to get further under the ball. Cupping
the wrist will also get more ":fingers" under the midline.

The second thing would be a clean thumb release. If you knuckle the
thumb in the ball (squeezing the grip too hard) the thumb release will
be late causing all the fingers to release at about the same time. Very
little revs can be produced. So the thumb has to release first and the
the finger follow through. The secret is having the thumb release first
causing the weight of the ball to fall on the fingers and then continue
the follow through with the weight of the ball on the fingertips.

The above has to work with your timing to maximum leverage at the
release. The release have to be executed at the maximum leverage point
for maximum revs. If you are a stroker you finish your slide as your
ball near the back of your ankle area. You get the thumb release and
the weight of the ball falling on your fingers. The arm continues the
follow through out and towards your target. If you are a cranker you
will have what is called late timing. You get to the line first, plant
your sliding foot (no slide). The ball is near the back knee at this
point. Crankers will have a slightly bent elbow. During the release
the elbow straightens out, the thumb releases and the ball falls on the
finger and finally the follow through.

The ball can create more revs by having a more heavy centered ball (low
RG). The way the ball is drilled can also create more revs by having
the ball go into an earlier roll (pin under the fingertip holes).

The surface of the ball can also create more revs. For example a
particle ball will grip the lane due to more friction. The friction
will slow the ball down, to some extent, and that will create more revs.

A slower ball speed that matches you present revs can create a better
carry. For example 13 revs with 13 MPH ball speed.

Hand positioning can also create more revs by putting the ball into an
earlier roll. The hand behind the ball will create an earlier roll.
The hand on the side of the ball (9 O'Clock thumb release) will create
a longer skid before the ball goes into a roll.

Finally, utilizing the drier part of the lane will also create more
revs. Again, the lane friction will slow the ball down and create more
ball revolutions.


Joe Z

>ball
>without a wrist aid and without snapping my wrist on the release? It
>may be an optical illusion, but I think my ball has really low revs
>coming off my hand. Thanks.
>
>
>



  
Date: 29 Dec 2004 16:35:14
From: Jimmy DeGazz
Subject: Re: increasing revs

"Joe Zachar" <jzacharzard@optonline.net > wrote in message
news:41D30021.1090903@optonline.net...
> You have supplied no information that would give me a starting point to
> help you but I can try some general information.
>
> If you use a conventional grip move up to a finger tip grip. There's a
> horizental line that runs through you grip (halfway between the finger
> holes and the thumb hole). The further you can keep your fingers below
> that line, prior to the release, the more revs you can put on the ball.
> A fingertip grip will allow you to get further under the ball. Cupping
> the wrist will also get more ":fingers" under the midline.
>
> The second thing would be a clean thumb release. If you knuckle the
> thumb in the ball (squeezing the grip too hard) the thumb release will
> be late causing all the fingers to release at about the same time. Very
> little revs can be produced. So the thumb has to release first and the
> the finger follow through. The secret is having the thumb release first
> causing the weight of the ball to fall on the fingers and then continue
> the follow through with the weight of the ball on the fingertips.
>
> The above has to work with your timing to maximum leverage at the
> release. The release have to be executed at the maximum leverage point
> for maximum revs. If you are a stroker you finish your slide as your
> ball near the back of your ankle area. You get the thumb release and
> the weight of the ball falling on your fingers. The arm continues the
> follow through out and towards your target. If you are a cranker you
> will have what is called late timing. You get to the line first, plant
> your sliding foot (no slide). The ball is near the back knee at this
> point. Crankers will have a slightly bent elbow. During the release
> the elbow straightens out, the thumb releases and the ball falls on the
> finger and finally the follow through.
>
> The ball can create more revs by having a more heavy centered ball (low
> RG). The way the ball is drilled can also create more revs by having
> the ball go into an earlier roll (pin under the fingertip holes).
>
> The surface of the ball can also create more revs. For example a
> particle ball will grip the lane due to more friction. The friction
> will slow the ball down, to some extent, and that will create more revs.
>
> A slower ball speed that matches you present revs can create a better
> carry. For example 13 revs with 13 MPH ball speed.
>
> Hand positioning can also create more revs by putting the ball into an
> earlier roll. The hand behind the ball will create an earlier roll.
> The hand on the side of the ball (9 O'Clock thumb release) will create
> a longer skid before the ball goes into a roll.
>
> Finally, utilizing the drier part of the lane will also create more
> revs. Again, the lane friction will slow the ball down and create more
> ball revolutions.
>
>
> Joe Z
>
> >ball
> >without a wrist aid and without snapping my wrist on the release? It
> >may be an optical illusion, but I think my ball has really low revs
> >coming off my hand. Thanks.
> >
> >
Joe, I tuck my pinky under the ball and put index finger out as far as it
will go. The weight of the ball, for the most part is now resting on my
index finger. The index finger is the last part of my hand to have cotnact
with the ball and I find that gave me my revs.




   
Date: 29 Dec 2004 22:26:01
From: Joe Zachar
Subject: Re: increasing revs

--------------070007040802060203050009
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit



Jimmy DeGazz wrote:

>"Joe Zachar" <jzacharzard@optonline.net> wrote in message
>news:41D30021.1090903@optonline.net...
>
>
>>You have supplied no information that would give me a starting point to
>>help you but I can try some general information.
>>
>>If you use a conventional grip move up to a finger tip grip. There's a
>>horizental line that runs through you grip (halfway between the finger
>>holes and the thumb hole). The further you can keep your fingers below
>>that line, prior to the release, the more revs you can put on the ball.
>> A fingertip grip will allow you to get further under the ball. Cupping
>>the wrist will also get more ":fingers" under the midline.
>>
>>The second thing would be a clean thumb release. If you knuckle the
>>thumb in the ball (squeezing the grip too hard) the thumb release will
>>be late causing all the fingers to release at about the same time. Very
>>little revs can be produced. So the thumb has to release first and the
>>the finger follow through. The secret is having the thumb release first
>>causing the weight of the ball to fall on the fingers and then continue
>>the follow through with the weight of the ball on the fingertips.
>>
>>The above has to work with your timing to maximum leverage at the
>>release. The release have to be executed at the maximum leverage point
>>for maximum revs. If you are a stroker you finish your slide as your
>>ball near the back of your ankle area. You get the thumb release and
>>the weight of the ball falling on your fingers. The arm continues the
>>follow through out and towards your target. If you are a cranker you
>>will have what is called late timing. You get to the line first, plant
>>your sliding foot (no slide). The ball is near the back knee at this
>>point. Crankers will have a slightly bent elbow. During the release
>>the elbow straightens out, the thumb releases and the ball falls on the
>>finger and finally the follow through.
>>
>>The ball can create more revs by having a more heavy centered ball (low
>>RG). The way the ball is drilled can also create more revs by having
>>the ball go into an earlier roll (pin under the fingertip holes).
>>
>>The surface of the ball can also create more revs. For example a
>>particle ball will grip the lane due to more friction. The friction
>>will slow the ball down, to some extent, and that will create more revs.
>>
>>A slower ball speed that matches you present revs can create a better
>>carry. For example 13 revs with 13 MPH ball speed.
>>
>>Hand positioning can also create more revs by putting the ball into an
>>earlier roll. The hand behind the ball will create an earlier roll.
>> The hand on the side of the ball (9 O'Clock thumb release) will create
>>a longer skid before the ball goes into a roll.
>>
>>Finally, utilizing the drier part of the lane will also create more
>>revs. Again, the lane friction will slow the ball down and create more
>>ball revolutions.
>>
>>
>>Joe Z
>>
>>
>>
>>>ball
>>>without a wrist aid and without snapping my wrist on the release? It
>>>may be an optical illusion, but I think my ball has really low revs
>>>coming off my hand. Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>Joe, I tuck my pinky under the ball and put index finger out as far as it
>will go. The weight of the ball, for the most part is now resting on my
>index finger. The index finger is the last part of my hand to have cotnact
>with the ball and I find that gave me my revs.
>
>
>
>
I tried the pinky tuck but it hurts my wrist and forearm.

Joe Z

--------------070007040802060203050009
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" >
<html >
<head >
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" >
<title ></title>
</head >
<body >
<br >
<br >
Jimmy DeGazz wrote:<br >
<blockquote type="cite" cite="midYeCdneOeoYOQvk7cRVn-gQ@rcn.net" >
<pre wrap="" >"Joe Zachar" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:jzacharzard@optonline.net"><jzacharzard@optonline.net></a> wrote in message
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="news:41D30021.1090903@optonline.net" >news:41D30021.1090903@optonline.net</a>...
</pre >
<blockquote type="cite" >
<pre wrap="" >You have supplied no information that would give me a starting point to
help you but I can try some general information.

If you use a conventional grip move up to a finger tip grip. There's a
horizental line that runs through you grip (halfway between the finger
holes and the thumb hole). The further you can keep your fingers below
that line, prior to the release, the more revs you can put on the ball.
A fingertip grip will allow you to get further under the ball. Cupping
the wrist will also get more ":fingers" under the midline.

The second thing would be a clean thumb release. If you knuckle the
thumb in the ball (squeezing the grip too hard) the thumb release will
be late causing all the fingers to release at about the same time. Very
little revs can be produced. So the thumb has to release first and the
the finger follow through. The secret is having the thumb release first
causing the weight of the ball to fall on the fingers and then continue
the follow through with the weight of the ball on the fingertips.

The above has to work with your timing to maximum leverage at the
release. The release have to be executed at the maximum leverage point
for maximum revs. If you are a stroker you finish your slide as your
ball near the back of your ankle area. You get the thumb release and
the weight of the ball falling on your fingers. The arm continues the
follow through out and towards your target. If you are a cranker you
will have what is called late timing. You get to the line first, plant
your sliding foot (no slide). The ball is near the back knee at this
point. Crankers will have a slightly bent elbow. During the release
the elbow straightens out, the thumb releases and the ball falls on the
finger and finally the follow through.

The ball can create more revs by having a more heavy centered ball (low
RG). The way the ball is drilled can also create more revs by having
the ball go into an earlier roll (pin under the fingertip holes).

The surface of the ball can also create more revs. For example a
particle ball will grip the lane due to more friction. The friction
will slow the ball down, to some extent, and that will create more revs.

A slower ball speed that matches you present revs can create a better
carry. For example 13 revs with 13 MPH ball speed.

Hand positioning can also create more revs by putting the ball into an
earlier roll. The hand behind the ball will create an earlier roll.
The hand on the side of the ball (9 O'Clock thumb release) will create
a longer skid before the ball goes into a roll.

Finally, utilizing the drier part of the lane will also create more
revs. Again, the lane friction will slow the ball down and create more
ball revolutions.


Joe Z

</pre >
<blockquote type="cite" >
<pre wrap="" >ball
without a wrist aid and without snapping my wrist on the release? It
may be an optical illusion, but I think my ball has really low revs
coming off my hand. Thanks.


</pre >
</blockquote >
</blockquote >
<pre wrap="" ><!---->Joe, I tuck my pinky under the ball and put index finger out as far as it
will go. The weight of the ball, for the most part is now resting on my
index finger. The index finger is the last part of my hand to have cotnact
with the ball and I find that gave me my revs.


</pre >
</blockquote >
I tried the pinky tuck but it hurts my wrist and forearm.<br >
<br >
Joe Z<br >
</body >
</html >

--------------070007040802060203050009--



    
Date: 31 Dec 2004 03:34:21
From: Jeri Jo Thomas
Subject: Re: increasing revs
From the trenches *jzacharzard@optonline.net* sent a runner with this
important missive...

Q:I tried the pinky tuck but it hurts my wrist and forearm.
Q:
Q:
Heck, I tried the pinky tuck and now I have a permanently kinked pinky
finger.
--
<* ><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
The Peripatetic Samurai Robot!
<* ><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>


    
Date: 30 Dec 2004 19:11:04
From: Jimmy DeGazz
Subject: Re: increasing revs
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C4EEA3.4F084B00
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable


"Joe Zachar" <jzacharzard@optonline.net > wrote in message =
news:41D37549.5040200@optonline.net...


Jimmy DeGazz wrote:

"Joe Zachar" <jzacharzard@optonline.net > wrote in message
news:41D30021.1090903@optonline.net...
=20
You have supplied no information that would give me a starting point to
help you but I can try some general information.

If you use a conventional grip move up to a finger tip grip. There's a
horizental line that runs through you grip (halfway between the finger
holes and the thumb hole). The further you can keep your fingers below
that line, prior to the release, the more revs you can put on the ball.
A fingertip grip will allow you to get further under the ball. Cupping
the wrist will also get more ":fingers" under the midline.

The second thing would be a clean thumb release. If you knuckle the
thumb in the ball (squeezing the grip too hard) the thumb release will
be late causing all the fingers to release at about the same time. Very
little revs can be produced. So the thumb has to release first and the
the finger follow through. The secret is having the thumb release first
causing the weight of the ball to fall on the fingers and then continue
the follow through with the weight of the ball on the fingertips.

Sorry, finger tip and lefty=20

The above has to work with your timing to maximum leverage at the
release. The release have to be executed at the maximum leverage point
for maximum revs. If you are a stroker you finish your slide as your
ball near the back of your ankle area. You get the thumb release and
the weight of the ball falling on your fingers. The arm continues the
follow through out and towards your target. If you are a cranker you
will have what is called late timing. You get to the line first, plant
your sliding foot (no slide). The ball is near the back knee at this
point. Crankers will have a slightly bent elbow. During the release
the elbow straightens out, the thumb releases and the ball falls on the
finger and finally the follow through.
The ball can create more revs by having a more heavy centered ball (low
RG). The way the ball is drilled can also create more revs by having
the ball go into an earlier roll (pin under the fingertip holes).

The surface of the ball can also create more revs. For example a
particle ball will grip the lane due to more friction. The friction
will slow the ball down, to some extent, and that will create more revs.

It's a Storm Hot Wire,which I used Lustre King to shine it further. Was =
1500 out of box

A slower ball speed that matches you present revs can create a better
carry. For example 13 revs with 13 MPH ball speed.

raised hands above waist now. Was thigh level

Hand positioning can also create more revs by putting the ball into an
earlier roll. The hand behind the ball will create an earlier roll.
The hand on the side of the ball (9 O'Clock thumb release) will create
a longer skid before the ball goes into a roll.

Hand under the ball. Hand on side creates more skid for me

Finally, utilizing the drier part of the lane will also create more
revs. Again, the lane friction will slow the ball down and create more
ball revolutions.

On 5th board
Joe Z

=20
ball
without a wrist aid and without snapping my wrist on the release? It
may be an optical illusion, but I think my ball has really low revs
coming off my hand. Thanks.


=20
Joe, I tuck my pinky under the ball and put index finger out as far as =
it
will go. The weight of the ball, for the most part is now resting on my
index finger. The index finger is the last part of my hand to have =
cotnact
with the ball and I find that gave me my revs.


=20
I tried the pinky tuck but it hurts my wrist and forearm.

Joe Z


------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C4EEA3.4F084B00
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
<HTML ><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DISO-8859-1 >
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR >
<STYLE ></STYLE>
</HEAD >
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff >
<DIV ><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" >
<DIV >"Joe Zachar" <<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:jzacharzard@optonline.net" >jzacharzard@optonline.net</A>&g=
t;=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:41D37549.5040200@optonline.net" >news:41D37549.5040200@optonl=
ine.net</A >...</DIV><BR><BR>Jimmy=20
DeGazz wrote:<BR >
<BLOCKQUOTE cite=3DmidYeCdneOeoYOQvk7cRVn-gQ@rcn.net =
type=3D"cite" ><PRE wrap=3D"">"Joe Zachar" <A =
class=3Dmoz-txt-link-rfc2396E =
href=3D"mailto:jzacharzard@optonline.net" ><jzacharzard@optonline.net&g=
t;</A > wrote in message
<A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"news:41D30021.1090903@optonline.net" >news:41D30021.1090903@optonl=
ine.net</A >...
</PRE >
<BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite" ><PRE wrap=3D"">You have supplied no =
information that would give me a starting point to
help you but I can try some general information.

If you use a conventional grip move up to a finger tip grip. There's a
horizental line that runs through you grip (halfway between the finger
holes and the thumb hole). The further you can keep your fingers below
that line, prior to the release, the more revs you can put on the ball.
A fingertip grip will allow you to get further under the ball. Cupping
the wrist will also get more ":fingers" under the midline.

The second thing would be a clean thumb release. If you knuckle the
thumb in the ball (squeezing the grip too hard) the thumb release will
be late causing all the fingers to release at about the same time. Very
little revs can be produced. So the thumb has to release first and the
the finger follow through. The secret is having the thumb release first
causing the weight of the ball to fall on the fingers and then continue
the follow through with the weight of the ball on the fingertips.
</PRE ><PRE wrap=3D"">Sorry, finger tip and lefty </PRE><PRE wrap=3D"">
The above has to work with your timing to maximum leverage at the
release. The release have to be executed at the maximum leverage point
for maximum revs. If you are a stroker you finish your slide as your
ball near the back of your ankle area. You get the thumb release and
the weight of the ball falling on your fingers. The arm continues the
follow through out and towards your target. If you are a cranker you
will have what is called late timing. You get to the line first, plant
your sliding foot (no slide). The ball is near the back knee at this
point. Crankers will have a slightly bent elbow. During the release
the elbow straightens out, the thumb releases and the ball falls on the
finger and finally the follow through.
The ball can create more revs by having a more heavy centered ball (low
RG). The way the ball is drilled can also create more revs by having
the ball go into an earlier roll (pin under the fingertip holes).

The surface of the ball can also create more revs. For example a
particle ball will grip the lane due to more friction. The friction
will slow the ball down, to some extent, and that will create more revs.
</PRE ><PRE wrap=3D"">It's a Storm Hot Wire,which I used Lustre King to =
shine it further. Was 1500 out of box</PRE ><PRE wrap=3D"">
A slower ball speed that matches you present revs can create a better
carry. For example 13 revs with 13 MPH ball speed.
</PRE ><PRE wrap=3D"">raised hands above waist now. Was thigh =
level</PRE ><PRE wrap=3D"">
Hand positioning can also create more revs by putting the ball into an
earlier roll. The hand behind the ball will create an earlier roll.
The hand on the side of the ball (9 O'Clock thumb release) will create
a longer skid before the ball goes into a roll.
</PRE ><PRE wrap=3D"">Hand under the ball. Hand on side creates more skid =
for me</PRE ><PRE wrap=3D"">
Finally, utilizing the drier part of the lane will also create more
revs. Again, the lane friction will slow the ball down and create more
ball revolutions.

On 5th board
Joe Z

</PRE >
<BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite" ><PRE wrap=3D"">ball
without a wrist aid and without snapping my wrist on the release? It
may be an optical illusion, but I think my ball has really low revs
coming off my hand. Thanks.


</PRE ></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=3D""><!---->Joe, I tuck =
my pinky under the ball and put index finger out as far as it
will go. The weight of the ball, for the most part is now resting on my
index finger. The index finger is the last part of my hand to have =
cotnact
with the ball and I find that gave me my revs.


</PRE ></BLOCKQUOTE>I tried the pinky tuck but it hurts my wrist and=20
forearm.<BR ><BR>Joe Z<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C4EEA3.4F084B00--