bowling-forum.net
The bowlers choice for bowling chat.

Main
Date: 05 Mar 2007 10:47:23
From: 6ballman
Subject: USBC's scoring update 3/2/7
The USBC Open Championships have started.
The event is in Reno, Nevada this year, and runs from
Feb. 17th to June 30th

A bunch of info can be had at:

http://www.bowl.com/tournaments/usbcopen/National/main.aspx

including (but not limited to): news, scoring updates, scoring history,
info about Reno, info about future sites of the roaming tournament,
lane conditions, rules, etc.,etc. What seems to be missing this year
is the "lanes cams" that were up in previous years. Perhaps they will
be put up later? Dunno. Anyway, for the last several years, I have
posted irregular scoring updates to the newsgroup. Seems like there
are only a few of us left, but I have time...

as of 3/2/noon

Singles

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 David P Johnson Fallon,NV 256,237,236 729
2 Butch Luther Franksville,WI 245,234,236 715
3 Brian Budge Maple Grove,MN 233,267,212 712
4 David W Mann Cahokia,IL 214,258,236 708
4 Joe Beck Sr Mount Gilead,OH 247,227,234 708
6 Aaron Cottrell Parma,OH 257,220,226 703
7 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 246,267,189 702
8 Frank Barefoot Jr Upland,CA 202,229,267 698
9 Gerald Brown Romulus,MI 236,237,222 695
9 Kevin Dunavent Cincinnati,OH 246,236,213 695

98th 4 tied at 638

Doubles

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 217,297,287 1463
Chris Pounders Madison,WI 242,211,209
2 Jay Heinzelman Madison,WI 203,235,212 1408
Brian J Hoffman Mount Horeb,WI 234,278,246
3 Chad Pierce Flowery Branch,GA224,238,265 1386
Randy Russell Monroe,GA 195,186,278
4 Lawrence S Brown Charlotte,MI 235,175,244 1340
Terry L Hamman Bellevue,WA 188,266,232
5 Kevin Anthony Columbus,OH 190,192,191 1302
Melvin Williams Delaware,OH 257,226,246
6 Howard Weaver Wadsworth,OH 202,209,183 1286
Paul E Warner Seville,OH 209,245,238
7 Gary Ekman Fremont,CA 256,226,216 1282
Dana Criswell Fremont,CA 201,187,196
8 Steve Jakubowski Temperance,MI 193,226,224 1272
Richie Serrato Weston,OH 237,182,210
9 Frank Barefoot Jr Upland,CA 190,201,226 1270
Paul Barraco La Verne,CA 237,206,210
10 Gary W Perry Mount Airy,MD 191,165,224 1268
B J Bivens East Ridge,TN 244,203,241

72nd 1185

Team

Rank Team Hometown Games Total
1 Lawn Lanes #2 Burbank,IL 1031,1089,998 3118
2 Ten Pin Alley #2 Madison,WI 1054,1048,1006 3108
3 Team Dirty Madison,WI 1004,965,1115 3084
4 Lawn Lanes #1 Burbank,IL 936,1076,1050 3062
5 Big Daddy Atlanta,GA 918,1077,1003 2998
6 Raton Desierto Tucson,,AZ 1013,992,982 2987
7 Rockford Allstars #1 1007,920,1045 2972
8 Maguire Tile #2 Lowell,MI 937,968,1053 2958
9 Patio Furniture Shakopee,MN 946,981,1020 2947
10 McHenry Bowl Won Modesto,CA 1086,847,1011 2944

100th 2720



--
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with them
- Todd Snider in the song "If Tomorrow Never Comes"




 
Date: 06 May 2007 10:16:32
From: 6ballman
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 5/6/7
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090401040408090103020202
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Time for an update....


--

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . Corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money-power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.
-- Abraham Lincoln


--------------090401040408090103020202
Content-Type: text/plain;
name="USBCs as of 5-6-7.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
filename="USBCs as of 5-6-7.txt"

Singles - three remain from a month ago, including our leader...

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Frederick Aki Nicholasville,KY 279,277,258 814
2 Ken Jessee Huber Heights,OH 280,235,278 793
3 Andrew Udahl Elk Grove,CA 299,257,236 792
3 Harry L Banks Jr Coal City,IL 236,257,289 782
4 Robert W Daugherty Dayton,OH 257,258,268 783
4 Chad Gutzman Mount Pleasant,MI 278,278,227 783
6 Harry L Banks Jr Coal City,IL 236,257,289 782
6 Kurt Fay Hudsonville,MI 279,248,255 782
8 Ronnie Russell Indapls,IN 279,290,211 780
9 Justin Smith Bluffton,SC 278,249,247 774
10 Ted Pritts Frisco,TX 290,248,235 773

100th 3 tied with 718


doubles - 6 repeaters, top 4 the same, 4 fresh teams
Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Richard Volhard Rothschild,WI 210,225,278 1467
Derek Eoff Greenfield,WI 226,300,228
2 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 217,297,287 1463
Chris Pounders Madison,WI 242,211,209
3 Marc V McDowell Madison,WI 214,256,236 1437
Mike Shady Fairview,PA 237,236,258
4 Nicholas Wissinger Utica,MI 226,259,236 1434
David A Ewald Macomb,MI 218,268,227
5 Mark Hugo Windsor Locks,CT 247,197,278 1430
Alex Cavagnaro Massapequa,NY 258,215,235
6 William H Blaney III Indian Head,MD224,264,257 1424
Darren Jones Waldorf,MD 200,224,255
7 Charles R Hall Jr Elk Grove Village,IL221,243,257 1416
Mike Thomka Wood Dale,IL 264,197,234
8 Craig M Brown Elgin,IL 249,237,186 1411
Michael B Steil Wheeling,IL 258,236,245
9 Jay Heinzelman Madison,WI 203,235,212 1408
Brian J Hoffman Mount Horeb,WI 234,278,246
10 Ron Zutz Warren,MN 247,216,247 1402
James W Augustine Grand Forks,ND 220,225,247

74th 2 tied with 1336


team - 1+2 from before are now 4+5; 3rd slid to 6th, rest are new

Rank Name Hometown Games Total

1 Browning Pontiac Eminence,KY 1085,1094,1179 3358
2 Forgey Sports Medicine #1 Vancouver,WA978,1231,1099 3308
3 Red Carpet Lanes Waukesha,WI 1092,1101,1094 3287
4 S & B Pro Shop #1 Troy,MI 1073,1103,1104 3280
5 Smith Barney #1 Madison,WI 1144,1042,1075 3261
6 Wichita Bwlg Supply 2 Wichita,KS 1096,1029,1134 3259
7 MoRich Enterprises Ocala,FL 1100,1099,1050 3249
8 One Part Bacon Buffalo Grov 1090,1107,1043 3240
9 Rick Starbuck's Pro Shop Dayton,OH 1148,1113,972 3233
10 Hall's Ultimate Pro Shop Schenctdy,NY 1137,1088,999 3224

100th at 3032




Team internetter Brian Wright, from Buckinghamsire, across the pond somewhere, sits 22nd in classified singles with 633.

Other stats (so far):

An even dozen perfect games
eleven 299s
four 298s
11 in-a-row 22 times
and one other 800 besides Chip's


--------------090401040408090103020202--


 
Date: 21 Apr 2007 06:07:25
From: Mark
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
On Apr 20, 9:54 pm, "Jim Doran" <j-k-doran(spamremover)@tx.rr.com >
wrote:
> And to keep some of us other old guys posted where you're at so that
> SOMEDAY we might actually meet in person. FYI, my nationals
> captain dropped his March old convention week slot after 24 years.


I can always make a spot on Team Internet for you Jim. We've a full
five teams plus another 7-8 associated teams for next year. If you get
stuck let me know.

The AOL address I'm posting from here is dead but you can send me a
personal message either on ballreviews.com or Bowl.com forums and we
can exchange proper contact info.

I almost have enough guys to make a full team of 25 year plus guys :-)

Mark



  
Date: 21 Apr 2007 15:23:15
From: Jim Doran
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
Sure will, Mark. Thank you for the offer.
Thank you Darby...have you ever been?
JimD
"Mark" <twobowlers@aol.com > wrote in message
news:1177160845.916764.247970@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 20, 9:54 pm, "Jim Doran" <j-k-doran(spamremover)@tx.rr.com>
> wrote:
> > And to keep some of us other old guys posted where you're at so that
> > SOMEDAY we might actually meet in person. FYI, my nationals
> > captain dropped his March old convention week slot after 24 years.
>
>
> I can always make a spot on Team Internet for you Jim. We've a full
> five teams plus another 7-8 associated teams for next year. If you get
> stuck let me know.
>
> The AOL address I'm posting from here is dead but you can send me a
> personal message either on ballreviews.com or Bowl.com forums and we
> can exchange proper contact info.
>
> I almost have enough guys to make a full team of 25 year plus guys :-)
>
> Mark
>




   
Date: 22 Apr 2007 03:05:28
From: Darby
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
No, I try from time to time to talk my husband into going, but he hasn't
agreed yet. :(
I know it would be fun to see all of you.
Dar

"Jim Doran" <j-k-doran(spamremover)@tx.rr.com > wrote
> Sure will, Mark. Thank you for the offer.
> Thank you Darby...have you ever been?
> JimD
> "Mark" <twobowlers@aol.com> wrote
>> On Apr 20, 9:54 pm, "Jim Doran" <j-k-doran(spamremover)@tx.rr.com>
>> wrote:
>> > And to keep some of us other old guys posted where you're at so that
>> > SOMEDAY we might actually meet in person. FYI, my nationals
>> > captain dropped his March old convention week slot after 24 years.
>>
>>
>> I can always make a spot on Team Internet for you Jim. We've a full
>> five teams plus another 7-8 associated teams for next year. If you get
>> stuck let me know.
>>
>> The AOL address I'm posting from here is dead but you can send me a
>> personal message either on ballreviews.com or Bowl.com forums and we
>> can exchange proper contact info.
>>
>> I almost have enough guys to make a full team of 25 year plus guys :-)
>>
>> Mark
>>
>
>




 
Date: 18 Apr 2007 19:50:14
From: Mark
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
On Apr 18, 7:06 pm, Scott Thomas <r...@skt300isabowlingscore.com >
wrote:
> Yeah, I was standing right behind Chip at the end of the first game in
> Singles. I loved the way he was on the approach before the bowler in
> front of him came off, in his stance before the pins were back up, and
> in his approach before the sweep was all the way back up. Made a great
> shot and left a flush 9-pin - couldn't have been more than a quarter of
> a board high.

He sure was ready to go with that shot and he posted it, just didn't
get the carry. In retrospect we discussed that not getting 300 might
have been a good thing. If he shoots the trey in game one then he may
let down in game two. Can play "what if" all day of course. It's
killing the TI gang waiting to see if it holds up.

I felt bad for the guys bowling next to us to the right. Nice guys and
I'm sure we distracted them a bit. I know I semi-ran out a couple of
shots because I was lined up and thinking about a maybe getting
another 700 set. Plus with Chip rolling we were generally pretty amped
up and having a good time of it. I don't think we jumped anyone but
they looked a bit nervous about doing anything that might affect
Chip's set. Hope we see them next year so I can say thanks.

> I'm not a member of Team Internet, but we see you guys bowling every
> year

Well be sure to say hello next year.

> used to lurk a lot when this NG actually had a lot of activity.
> BTW, what happened? Did the trolls drive everyone off?

I think the ASB just evolved away from being a fun and useful place to
learn about and debate the fine points of the game. There was a time
several years ago when it was just a flame fest and that drove many
long time participants away for good. The advent of web forums like
ballreviews.com and the USBC forums have left ASB pretty much on life
support. I'm a dinosaur so I still check in now and then to see what
it going on :-)

Mark



  
Date: 20 Apr 2007 20:54:54
From: Jim Doran
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
And to keep some of us other old guys posted where you're at so that
SOMEDAY we might actually meet in person. FYI, my nationals
captain dropped his March old convention week slot after 24 years.

I picked up with our association teams starting next year...think it's
the 3rd weekend in April. Get my plaque. Figure that piece of wood
is at least worth $25K. Probably would of been less if they didn't
have the tourney in so many casino cities.

JimD
"Mark" <twobowlers@aol.com > wrote in message I'm a dinosaur so I still
check in now and then to see what
> it going on :-)
>
> Mark
>




   
Date: 21 Apr 2007 03:57:33
From: Darby
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
Way to go Jim. ;)
Dar
"Jim Doran" <j-k-doran(spamremover)@tx.rr.com > wrote in message
news:46296f22$0$18866$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
> And to keep some of us other old guys posted where you're at so that
> SOMEDAY we might actually meet in person. FYI, my nationals
> captain dropped his March old convention week slot after 24 years.
>
> I picked up with our association teams starting next year...think it's
> the 3rd weekend in April. Get my plaque. Figure that piece of wood
> is at least worth $25K. Probably would of been less if they didn't
> have the tourney in so many casino cities.
>
> JimD
> "Mark" <twobowlers@aol.com> wrote in message I'm a dinosaur so I still
> check in now and then to see what
>> it going on :-)
>>
>> Mark
>>
>
>




 
Date: 04 Apr 2007 17:52:23
From: Mark
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7

> Congrats to Brian Wright and Frederick "Chippakee" Aki on scoreboard performances.
> Others on TI also did wonderfully. Best scoring I remember as a group.

I was thinking about the relative performances over the years:

Year three in Huntsville was good scoring for the group. Mike Austin
shot over 2000 in AE and some of the kids Steve Lawson brought did
quite well. I had 700 in singles :-)

A few years later we had the 14th place team finish and if we count
the Rollrite guys in Reno last time around they were top five in team
(I think they ended up in the top five. The had the lead for a while).
Also had some nice AE totals. Couple of those guys want to come back
again and they are very good players.


Agree that this year was darn good across the board and by far the
most fun I've had at nationals. Too bad Chip didn't shoot 300 to go
with his 800. Either of the first couple singles games could easily
have been perfect. Maybe next year.

Mark



  
Date: 18 Apr 2007 23:06:15
From: Scott Thomas
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
Yeah, I was standing right behind Chip at the end of the first game in
Singles. I loved the way he was on the approach before the bowler in
front of him came off, in his stance before the pins were back up, and
in his approach before the sweep was all the way back up. Made a great
shot and left a flush 9-pin - couldn't have been more than a quarter of
a board high.

I'm not a member of Team Internet, but we see you guys bowling every
year and used to lurk a lot when this NG actually had a lot of activity.
BTW, what happened? Did the trolls drive everyone off?

Scott Thomas
Harrisburg, PA

PS: A question from the bowling stadium: What does the phrase "Cue the
Stones" mean? Hint: applies during Singles and Doubles only.




"Mark" <twobowlers@aol.com > wrote in
news:1175734343.776695.31550@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

>
>> Congrats to Brian Wright and Frederick "Chippakee" Aki on scoreboard
>> performances. Others on TI also did wonderfully. Best scoring I
>> remember as a group.
>
> I was thinking about the relative performances over the years:
>
> Year three in Huntsville was good scoring for the group. Mike Austin
> shot over 2000 in AE and some of the kids Steve Lawson brought did
> quite well. I had 700 in singles :-)
>
> A few years later we had the 14th place team finish and if we count
> the Rollrite guys in Reno last time around they were top five in team
> (I think they ended up in the top five. The had the lead for a while).
> Also had some nice AE totals. Couple of those guys want to come back
> again and they are very good players.
>
>
> Agree that this year was darn good across the board and by far the
> most fun I've had at nationals. Too bad Chip didn't shoot 300 to go
> with his 800. Either of the first couple singles games could easily
> have been perfect. Maybe next year.
>
> Mark
>
>



 
Date: 02 Apr 2007 23:43:42
From: PromptJock
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 3/2/7
> Time for an update - big changes in the leader board this week.

Suggestion: since this place can't handle non-proportional fonts, try
separating the columns with periods (".....") to get things Nicely
Formatted.

True, it'll be a bit of work, but at least everything will "line up",
no? :)



  
Date: 04 Apr 2007 16:57:31
From: 6ballman
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 3/2/7
PromptJock wrote:
>> Time for an update - big changes in the leader board this week.
>>
>
> Suggestion: since this place can't handle non-proportional fonts, try
> separating the columns with periods (".....") to get things Nicely
> Formatted.
>
> True, it'll be a bit of work, but at least everything will "line up",
> no? :)
>

I really do not mean this to sound as nasty as it may come off, Smokey,
but if you would like to do the updates (periods and all) feel free, and
I will read 'em. LoL

I think if I paste the info into notepad, format it, and then attach
that formatted file it will work ok....we will see.

best,
dk

--
You will never improve if you think that your
losses are out of your control. What you are doing
is not working. You can keep losing,
or adjust your play.
- Kevin Cline on RGP


 
Date: 02 Apr 2007 18:46:56
From: Mark
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 3/2/7
Time for an update - big changes in the leader board this week.

Mark



  
Date: 03 Apr 2007 07:20:16
From: 6ballman
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
Mark wrote:
> Time for an update - big changes in the leader board this week.
>
> Mark
>
You say it, I do it...
=======================

Singles - not one name the same as a month ago:

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Frederick Aki Nicholasville,KY 279,277,258 814
2 Andrew Udahl Elk Grove,CA 299,257,236 792
3 Harry L Banks Jr Coal City,IL 236,257,289 782
4 Justin Smith Bluffton,SC 278,249,247 774
5 Michael J Barron Monroe,MI 266,279,225 770
6 Benjamin Cleveland Sheboygan,WI 254,239,268 761
7 Jeff C Kendall Clawson,MI 243,289,226 758
7 Greg Brooks Sturtevant,WI 217,272,269 758
9 Alex Aguiar North Dartmouth,MA257,235,259 751
9 Jeremy Sonnenfeld Sioux Falls,SD 238,268,245 751

If that last name looks familiar, you probably
have 900 reasons to remember it.


96th 6 tied with 703


doubles - a couple of repeaters

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Richard Volhard Rothschild,WI 210,225,278 1467
Derek Eoff Greenfield,WI 226,300,228
2 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 217,297,287 1463
Chris Pounders Madison,WI 242,211,209
3 Marc V McDowell Madison,WI 214,256,236 1437
Mike Shady Fairview,PA 237,236,258
4 Nicholas Wissinger Utica,MI 226,259,236 1434
David A Ewald Macomb,MI 218,268,227
5 William H Blaney III Indian Head,MD224,264,257 1424
Darren Jones Waldorf,MD 200,224,255
6 Jay Heinzelman Madison,WI 203,235,212 1408
Brian J Hoffman Mount Horeb,WI 234,278,246
7 Ron Zutz Warren,MN 247,216,247 1402
James W Augustine Grand Forks,ND 220,225,247
8 Tim Reinke New Ulm,MN 225,245,286 1393
Darin Zanke New Ulm,MN 192,229,216

73rd 1300

team - all new names

Rank Name Hometown Games Total

1 S & B Pro Shop #1 Troy,MI 1073,1103,1104 3280
2 Smith Barney #1 Madison,WI 1144,1042,1075 3261
3 Rick Starbuck's Pro Shop Dayton,OH 1148,1113,972 3233
4 Vic Telemarketing II Westfield,MA 1007,1064,1147 3218
5 Tom's Rhinoplasty Newton,IA 988,1003,1212 3203
6 Warrior Lanes DesMoines,IA 1061,1012,1118 3191
7 Lakeview Lanes Fulton,NY 925,1117,1145 3187
8 Village Bowl #1 Mitchell,SD 988,1048,1139 3175
9 Team U S A St Louis,MO 1056,1019,1092 3167
10S & B Pro Shop #2 Troy,MI 1027,1087,1042 3156

Classified singles

Rank Name Hometown Games Total

1 Ken Varner Lexington,NC 212,206,246 664
2 Rand Syverson Onamia,MN 256,183,221 660
3 Don Manhalter Sterling,CO 224,194,234 652
4 Robert R Stephens San Francisco,CA 234,222,194 650
5 Joseph M Paussa Baldwinsville,NY 204,279,166 649
6 Glen Lupton Tipp City,OH 211,226,211 648
7 Rita Kirkland Spring,TX 188,257,202 647
8 Fred Berry Glendive,MT 213,232,198 643
9 Anthony W Jacks Moberly,MO 185,247,204 636
10 Ron Hester Lexington,NC 185,246,204 635
11 Brian Wright Buckinghamsire, 218,201,214 633

100th 6 tied with 586

Congrats to Brian and Chip

--
You will never improve if you think that your
losses are out of your control. What you are doing
is not working. You can keep losing,
or adjust your play.
- Kevin Cline on RGP


   
Date: 03 Apr 2007 14:25:11
From: 6ballman
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020705060706070709000809
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

6ballman wrote:

ANOTHER jumbled up mess.

Ugh....dreadful on the formatting. I never had this problem when I used
Netscape as my mail client.
I use Thunderbird now, and it is great for most stuff...

Here is another go. I will attach the notepad file as well, for those
that care...
======================

Singles - not one name the same as a month ago:

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Frederick Aki Nicholasville,KY 279,277,258 814
2 Andrew Udahl Elk Grove,CA 299,257,236 792
3 Harry L Banks Jr Coal City,IL 236,257,289 782
4 Justin Smith Bluffton,SC 278,249,247 774
5 Michael J Barron Monroe,MI 266,279,225 770
6 Benjamin Cleveland Sheboygan,WI 254,239,268 761
7 Jeff C Kendall Clawson,MI 243,289,226 758
7 Greg Brooks Sturtevant,WI 217,272,269 758
9 Alex Aguiar North Dartmouth,MA257,235,259 751
9 Jeremy Sonnenfeld Sioux Falls,SD 238,268,245 751

If that last name looks familiar, you probably have 900 reasons to
remember it.


96th 6 tied with 703


doubles - a couple of repeaters
Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Richard Volhard Rothschild,WI 210,225,278 1467
Derek Eoff Greenfield,WI 226,300,228
2 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 217,297,287 1463
Chris Pounders Madison,WI 242,211,209
3 Marc V McDowell Madison,WI 214,256,236 1437
Mike Shady Fairview,PA 237,236,258
4 Nicholas Wissinger Utica,MI 226,259,236 1434
David A Ewald Macomb,MI 218,268,227
5 William H Blaney III Indian Head,MD224,264,257 1424
Darren Jones Waldorf,MD 200,224,255
6 Jay Heinzelman Madison,WI 203,235,212 1408
Brian J Hoffman Mount Horeb,WI 234,278,246
7 Ron Zutz Warren,MN 247,216,247 1402
James W Augustine Grand Forks,ND 220,225,247
8 Tim Reinke New Ulm,MN 225,245,286 1393
Darin Zanke New Ulm,MN 192,229,216
73rd 1300

team - all new names

Rank Name Hometown Games Total

1 S & B Pro Shop #1 Troy,MI 1073,1103,1104 3280
2 Smith Barney #1 Madison,WI 1144,1042,1075 3261
3 Rick Starbuck's Pro Shop Dayton,OH 1148,1113,972 3233
4 Vic Telemarketing II Westfield,MA 1007,1064,1147 3218
5 Tom's Rhinoplasty Newton,IA 988,1003,1212 3203
6 Warrior Lanes DesMoines,IA 1061,1012,1118 3191
7 Lakeview Lanes Fulton,NY 925,1117,1145 3187
8 Village Bowl #1 Mitchell,SD 988,1048,1139 3175
9 Team U S A St Louis,MO 1056,1019,1092 3167
10S & B Pro Shop #2 Troy,MI 1027,1087,1042 3156

Classified singles

Rank Name Hometown Games Total

1 Ken Varner Lexington,NC 212,206,246 664
2 Rand Syverson Onamia,MN 256,183,221 660
3 Don Manhalter Sterling,CO 224,194,234 652
4 Robert R Stephens San Francisco,CA 234,222,194 650
5 Joseph M Paussa Baldwinsville,NY 204,279,166 649
6 Glen Lupton Tipp City,OH 211,226,211 648
7 Rita Kirkland Spring,TX 188,257,202 647
8 Fred Berry Glendive,MT 213,232,198 643
9 Anthony W Jacks Moberly,MO 185,247,204 636
10 Ron Hester Lexington,NC 185,246,204 635
11 Brian Wright Buckinghamsire, 218,201,214 633

100th 6 tied with 586

Congrats to Brian Wright and Frederick "Chippakee" Aki on scoreboard
performances.
Others on TI also did wonderfully. Best scoring I remember as a group.
Maybe one day,
I will know enough to take advantage of what I could see out there...nah.

--
You will never improve if you think that your
losses are out of your control. What you are doing
is not working. You can keep losing,
or adjust your play.
- Kevin Cline on RGP


--------------020705060706070709000809
Content-Type: text/plain;
name="USBCs as of 4-2-07.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
filename="USBCs as of 4-2-07.txt"

Singles - not one name the same as a month ago:

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Frederick Aki Nicholasville,KY 279,277,258 814
2 Andrew Udahl Elk Grove,CA 299,257,236 792
3 Harry L Banks Jr Coal City,IL 236,257,289 782
4 Justin Smith Bluffton,SC 278,249,247 774
5 Michael J Barron Monroe,MI 266,279,225 770
6 Benjamin Cleveland Sheboygan,WI 254,239,268 761
7 Jeff C Kendall Clawson,MI 243,289,226 758
7 Greg Brooks Sturtevant,WI 217,272,269 758
9 Alex Aguiar North Dartmouth,MA257,235,259 751
9 Jeremy Sonnenfeld Sioux Falls,SD 238,268,245 751

If that last name looks familiar, you probably have 900 reasons to remember it.


96th 6 tied with 703


doubles - a couple of repeaters
Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Richard Volhard Rothschild,WI 210,225,278 1467
Derek Eoff Greenfield,WI 226,300,228
2 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 217,297,287 1463
Chris Pounders Madison,WI 242,211,209
3 Marc V McDowell Madison,WI 214,256,236 1437
Mike Shady Fairview,PA 237,236,258
4 Nicholas Wissinger Utica,MI 226,259,236 1434
David A Ewald Macomb,MI 218,268,227
5 William H Blaney III Indian Head,MD224,264,257 1424
Darren Jones Waldorf,MD 200,224,255
6 Jay Heinzelman Madison,WI 203,235,212 1408
Brian J Hoffman Mount Horeb,WI 234,278,246
7 Ron Zutz Warren,MN 247,216,247 1402
James W Augustine Grand Forks,ND 220,225,247
8 Tim Reinke New Ulm,MN 225,245,286 1393
Darin Zanke New Ulm,MN 192,229,216
73rd 1300

team - all new names

Rank Name Hometown Games Total

1 S & B Pro Shop #1 Troy,MI 1073,1103,1104 3280
2 Smith Barney #1 Madison,WI 1144,1042,1075 3261
3 Rick Starbuck's Pro Shop Dayton,OH 1148,1113,972 3233
4 Vic Telemarketing II Westfield,MA 1007,1064,1147 3218
5 Tom's Rhinoplasty Newton,IA 988,1003,1212 3203
6 Warrior Lanes DesMoines,IA 1061,1012,1118 3191
7 Lakeview Lanes Fulton,NY 925,1117,1145 3187
8 Village Bowl #1 Mitchell,SD 988,1048,1139 3175
9 Team U S A St Louis,MO 1056,1019,1092 3167
10S & B Pro Shop #2 Troy,MI 1027,1087,1042 3156

Classified singles

Rank Name Hometown Games Total

1 Ken Varner Lexington,NC 212,206,246 664
2 Rand Syverson Onamia,MN 256,183,221 660
3 Don Manhalter Sterling,CO 224,194,234 652
4 Robert R Stephens San Francisco,CA 234,222,194 650
5 Joseph M Paussa Baldwinsville,NY 204,279,166 649
6 Glen Lupton Tipp City,OH 211,226,211 648
7 Rita Kirkland Spring,TX 188,257,202 647
8 Fred Berry Glendive,MT 213,232,198 643
9 Anthony W Jacks Moberly,MO 185,247,204 636
10 Ron Hester Lexington,NC 185,246,204 635
11 Brian Wright Buckinghamsire, 218,201,214 633

100th 6 tied with 586

Congrats to Brian Wright and Frederick "Chippakee" Aki on scoreboard performances.
Others on TI also did wonderfully. Best scoring I remember as a group. Maybe one day,
I will know enough to take advantage of what I could see out there...nah.
--------------020705060706070709000809--


    
Date: 03 Apr 2007 14:38:12
From: 6ballman
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 4/2/7
Huh - maybe I stumbled upon a solution....even a blind squirrel...

6ballman wrote:
> 6ballman wrote:
>
> ANOTHER jumbled up mess.
>
> Ugh....dreadful on the formatting. I never had this problem when I
> used Netscape as my mail client.
> I use Thunderbird now, and it is great for most stuff...
>
> Here is another go. I will attach the notepad file as well, for those
> that care...
> ======================
>
> Singles - not one name the same as a month ago:
>
> Rank Name Hometown Games Total
> 1 Frederick Aki Nicholasville,KY 279,277,258 814
> 2 Andrew Udahl Elk Grove,CA 299,257,236 792
> 3 Harry L Banks Jr Coal City,IL 236,257,289 782
> 4 Justin Smith Bluffton,SC 278,249,247 774
> 5 Michael J Barron Monroe,MI 266,279,225 770
> 6 Benjamin Cleveland Sheboygan,WI 254,239,268 761
> 7 Jeff C Kendall Clawson,MI 243,289,226 758
> 7 Greg Brooks Sturtevant,WI 217,272,269 758
> 9 Alex Aguiar North Dartmouth,MA257,235,259 751
> 9 Jeremy Sonnenfeld Sioux Falls,SD 238,268,245 751
>
> If that last name looks familiar, you probably have 900 reasons to remember it.
>
>
> 96th 6 tied with 703
>
>
> doubles - a couple of repeaters
> Rank Name Hometown Games Total
> 1 Richard Volhard Rothschild,WI 210,225,278 1467
> Derek Eoff Greenfield,WI 226,300,228
> 2 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 217,297,287 1463
> Chris Pounders Madison,WI 242,211,209
> 3 Marc V McDowell Madison,WI 214,256,236 1437
> Mike Shady Fairview,PA 237,236,258
> 4 Nicholas Wissinger Utica,MI 226,259,236 1434
> David A Ewald Macomb,MI 218,268,227
> 5 William H Blaney III Indian Head,MD224,264,257 1424
> Darren Jones Waldorf,MD 200,224,255
> 6 Jay Heinzelman Madison,WI 203,235,212 1408
> Brian J Hoffman Mount Horeb,WI 234,278,246
> 7 Ron Zutz Warren,MN 247,216,247 1402
> James W Augustine Grand Forks,ND 220,225,247
> 8 Tim Reinke New Ulm,MN 225,245,286 1393
> Darin Zanke New Ulm,MN 192,229,216
> 73rd 1300
>
> team - all new names
>
> Rank Name Hometown Games Total
>
> 1 S & B Pro Shop #1 Troy,MI 1073,1103,1104 3280
> 2 Smith Barney #1 Madison,WI 1144,1042,1075 3261
> 3 Rick Starbuck's Pro Shop Dayton,OH 1148,1113,972 3233
> 4 Vic Telemarketing II Westfield,MA 1007,1064,1147 3218
> 5 Tom's Rhinoplasty Newton,IA 988,1003,1212 3203
> 6 Warrior Lanes DesMoines,IA 1061,1012,1118 3191
> 7 Lakeview Lanes Fulton,NY 925,1117,1145 3187
> 8 Village Bowl #1 Mitchell,SD 988,1048,1139 3175
> 9 Team U S A St Louis,MO 1056,1019,1092 3167
> 10S & B Pro Shop #2 Troy,MI 1027,1087,1042 3156
>
> Classified singles
>
> Rank Name Hometown Games Total
>
> 1 Ken Varner Lexington,NC 212,206,246 664
> 2 Rand Syverson Onamia,MN 256,183,221 660
> 3 Don Manhalter Sterling,CO 224,194,234 652
> 4 Robert R Stephens San Francisco,CA 234,222,194 650
> 5 Joseph M Paussa Baldwinsville,NY 204,279,166 649
> 6 Glen Lupton Tipp City,OH 211,226,211 648
> 7 Rita Kirkland Spring,TX 188,257,202 647
> 8 Fred Berry Glendive,MT 213,232,198 643
> 9 Anthony W Jacks Moberly,MO 185,247,204 636
> 10 Ron Hester Lexington,NC 185,246,204 635
> 11 Brian Wright Buckinghamsire, 218,201,214 633
>
> 100th 6 tied with 586
>
> Congrats to Brian Wright and Frederick "Chippakee" Aki on scoreboard performances.
> Others on TI also did wonderfully. Best scoring I remember as a group. Maybe one day,
> I will know enough to take advantage of what I could see out there...nah.

--
You will never improve if you think that your
losses are out of your control. What you are doing
is not working. You can keep losing,
or adjust your play.
- Kevin Cline on RGP


 
Date: 05 Mar 2007 23:05:05
From: PromptJock
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 3/2/7
> It was copied and pasted from notepad, and I selected all the text and
> picked "fixed width"....
>
> Here goes with 10 point courier:

Unfortunately - no joy. It seems this place auto-formats all input
into PROPORTIONAL fonting. :(

However, the data IS READABLE nonetheless...



 
Date: 05 Mar 2007 12:32:17
From: PromptJock
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 3/2/7
> a jumbled mess:
>
> Well it certainly didn't look that way when I hit the send button...

Try re-posting it with a ** NON-PROPORTIONAL ** font like 10-point
Courier. :)

The only problem with this suggestion is I don't think this place can
handle non-proportional fonting... :(



  
Date: 05 Mar 2007 17:00:02
From: 6ballman
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 3/2/7
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------080509090905010507040207
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It was copied and pasted from notepad, and I selected all the text and
picked "fixed width"....

Here goes with 10 point courier:

The USBC Open Championships have started.
The event is in Reno, Nevada this year, and runs from
Feb. 17th to June 30th

A bunch of info can be had at:

http://www.bowl.com/tournaments/usbcopen/National/main.aspx

including (but not limited to): news, scoring updates, scoring history,
info about Reno, info about future sites of the roaming tournament,
lane conditions, rules, etc.,etc. What seems to be missing this year
is the "lanes cams" that were up in previous years. Perhaps they will
be put up later? Dunno. Anyway, for the last several years, I have
posted irregular scoring updates to the newsgroup. Seems like there
are only a few of us left, but I have time...

as of 3/2/noon

Singles

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 David P Johnson Fallon,NV 256,237,236 729
2 Butch Luther Franksville,WI 245,234,236 715
3 Brian Budge Maple Grove,MN 233,267,212 712
4 David W Mann Cahokia,IL 214,258,236 708
4 Joe Beck Sr Mount Gilead,OH247,227,234 708
6 Aaron Cottrell Parma,OH 257,220,226 703
7 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 246,267,189 702
8 Frank Barefoot Jr Upland,CA 202,229,267 698
9 Gerald Brown Romulus,MI 236,237,222 695
9 Kevin Dunavent Cincinnati,OH 246,236,213 695

98th 4 tied at 638

Doubles

Rank Name Hometown Games Total
1 Ken Duffield Madison,WI 217,297,287 1463
Chris Pounders Madison,WI 242,211,209
2 Jay Heinzelman Madison,WI 203,235,212 1408
Brian J Hoffman Mount Horeb,WI234,278,246
3 Chad Pierce Flowery Branch,GA224,238,265 1386
Randy Russell Monroe,GA 195,186,278
4 Lawrence S Brown Charlotte,MI 235,175,244 1340
Terry L Hamman Bellevue,WA 188,266,232
5 Kevin Anthony Columbus,OH 190,192,191 1302
Melvin Williams Delaware,OH 257,226,246
6 Howard Weaver Wadsworth,OH 202,209,183 1286
Paul E Warner Seville,OH 209,245,238
7 Gary Ekman Fremont,CA 256,226,216 1282
Dana Criswell Fremont,CA 201,187,196
8 Steve Jakubowski Temperance,MI193,226,224 1272
Richie Serrato Weston,OH 237,182,210
9 Frank Barefoot Jr Upland,CA 190,201,226 1270
Paul Barraco La Verne,CA 237,206,210
10 Gary W Perry Mount Airy,MD 191,165,224 1268
B J Bivens East Ridge,TN 244,203,241

72nd 1185

Team

Rank Team Hometown Games Total Prize
1 Lawn Lanes #2 Burbank,IL 1031,1089,998 3118
2 Ten Pin Alley #2 Madison,WI 1054,1048,1006 3108
3 Team Dirty Madison,WI 1004,965,1115 3084
4 Lawn Lanes #1 Burbank,IL 936,1076,1050 3062
5 Big Daddy Atlanta,GA 918,1077,1003 2998
6 Raton Desierto Tucson,,AZ 1013,992,982 2987
7 Rockford Allstars #1 1007,920,1045 2972
8 Maguire Tile #2 Lowell,MI 937,968,1053 2958
9 Patio Furniture Shakopee,MN 946,981,1020 2947
10 McHenry Bowl Won Modesto,CA 1086,847,1011 2944

100th 2720

PromptJock wrote:
>> a jumbled mess:
>>
>> Well it certainly didn't look that way when I hit the send button...
>>
>
> Try re-posting it with a ** NON-PROPORTIONAL ** font like 10-point
> Courier. :)
>
> The only problem with this suggestion is I don't think this place can
> handle non-proportional fonting... :(
>
>

--
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with them
- Todd Snider in the song "If Tomorrow Never Comes"


--------------080509090905010507040207
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" >
<html >
<head >
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type" >
</head >
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000" >
<tt >It was copied and pasted from notepad, and I selected all the text
and picked "fixed width"....<br >
<br >
Here goes with 10 point courier:</tt ><br>
<br >
<small ><small><font face="Courier New, Courier, monospace">The USBC
Open Championships have started. <br >
The event is in Reno, Nevada this year, and runs from<br >
Feb. 17th to June 30th<br >
<br >
A bunch of info can be had at:<br >
<br >
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.bowl.com/tournaments/usbcopen/National/main.aspx" >http://www.bowl.com/tournaments/usbcopen/National/main.aspx</a><br>
<br >
including (but not limited to): news, scoring updates, scoring history,
<br >
info about Reno, info about future sites of the roaming tournament,<br >
lane conditions, rules, etc.,etc. What seems to be missing this year <br >
is the "lanes cams" that were up in previous years. Perhaps they will <br >
be put up later? Dunno. Anyway, for the last several years, I have <br >
posted irregular scoring updates to the newsgroup. Seems like there<br >
are only a few of us left, but I have time...<br >
<br >
as of 3/2/noon<br >
<br >
Singles<br >
<br >
Rank      Name        Hometown         Games      Total     <br >
1 David P Johnson Fallon,NV      256,237,236     729<br >
2 Butch Luther       Franksville,WI 245,234,236     715<br >
3 Brian Budge       Maple Grove,MN 233,267,212     712<br >
4 David W Mann       Cahokia,IL      214,258,236     708<br >
4 Joe Beck Sr       Mount Gilead,OH247,227,234     708<br >
6 Aaron Cottrell  Parma,OH      257,220,226     703<br >
7 Ken Duffield       Madison,WI      246,267,189     702<br >
8 Frank Barefoot Jr Upland,CA      202,229,267     698<br >
9 Gerald Brown       Romulus,MI      236,237,222     695<br >
9 Kevin Dunavent  Cincinnati,OH 246,236,213     695<br >
<br >
98th  4 tied at 638<br >
<br >
Doubles<br >
<br >
Rank   Name         Hometown        Games        Total     <br >
1 Ken Duffield       Madison,WI     217,297,287     1463<br >
  Chris Pounders  Madison,WI     242,211,209     <br >
2 Jay Heinzelman  Madison,WI     203,235,212     1408<br >
  Brian J Hoffman Mount Horeb,WI234,278,246     <br >
3 Chad Pierce       Flowery Branch,GA224,238,265     1386<br >
  Randy Russell   Monroe,GA     195,186,278     <br >
4 Lawrence S Brown Charlotte,MI 235,175,244     1340<br >
  Terry L Hamman  Bellevue,WA     188,266,232     <br >
5 Kevin Anthony   Columbus,OH     190,192,191     1302<br >
  Melvin Williams Delaware,OH     257,226,246     <br >
6 Howard Weaver   Wadsworth,OH     202,209,183     1286<br >
  Paul E Warner   Seville,OH     209,245,238     <br >
7 Gary Ekman       Fremont,CA     256,226,216     1282<br >
  Dana Criswell   Fremont,CA     201,187,196     <br >
8 Steve Jakubowski Temperance,MI193,226,224     1272<br >
  Richie Serrato  Weston,OH     237,182,210     <br >
9 Frank Barefoot Jr Upland,CA     190,201,226     1270<br >
  Paul Barraco     La  Verne,CA     237,206,210     <br >
10 Gary W Perry   Mount Airy,MD 191,165,224     1268<br >
  B J Bivens       East Ridge,TN 244,203,241 <br >
<br >
72nd 1185<br >
<br >
Team<br >
<br >
Rank      Team      Hometown      Games     Total     Prize<br >
1 Lawn Lanes #2    Burbank,IL     1031,1089,998     3118<br >
2 Ten Pin Alley #2 Madison,WI     1054,1048,1006     3108<br >
3 Team Dirty        Madison,WI     1004,965,1115     3084<br >
4 Lawn Lanes #1       Burbank,IL     936,1076,1050     3062<br >
5 Big Daddy        Atlanta,GA     918,1077,1003     2998<br >
6 Raton Desierto   Tucson,,AZ     1013,992,982     2987<br >
7 Rockford Allstars #1         1007,920,1045     2972<br >
8 Maguire Tile #2  Lowell,MI     937,968,1053     2958<br >
9 Patio Furniture  Shakopee,MN     946,981,1020     2947<br >
10 McHenry Bowl Won Modesto,CA     1086,847,1011     2944<br >
<br >
100th  2720</font ></small></small><br>
<br >
PromptJock wrote:
<blockquote
cite="mid1173126737.638457.215890@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com"
type="cite" >
<blockquote type="cite" >
<pre wrap="" > a jumbled mess:

Well it certainly didn't look that way when I hit the send button...
</pre >
</blockquote >
<pre wrap="" ><!---->
Try re-posting it with a ** NON-PROPORTIONAL ** font like 10-point
Courier. :)

The only problem with this suggestion is I don't think this place can
handle non-proportional fonting... :(

</pre >
</blockquote >
<br >
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72" >--
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with them
- Todd Snider in the song "If Tomorrow Never Comes"</pre >
</body >
</html >

--------------080509090905010507040207--


 
Date: 05 Mar 2007 10:54:30
From: 6ballman
Subject: Re: USBC's scoring update 3/2/7


6ballman wrote:
a jumbled mess:

Well it certainly didn't look that way when I hit the send button...

--
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with them
- Todd Snider in the song "If Tomorrow Never Comes"