bowling-forum.net
The bowlers choice for bowling chat.

Main
Date: 03 Feb 2005 22:25:46
From: Eddie
Subject: League Point System????
Where can I find info on the different options for our League Point System?


--
Eddie






 
Date: 04 Feb 2005 06:24:45
From: NimBill
Subject: Re: League Point System????
>From: "Eddie" EddieJ300@bex.net

>Where can I find info on the different options for our League Point System?

As a start you might consider examing the bylaws of other leagues that bowl on
the same lanes. Chances are pretty good your league will understand them even
if you don't.

The league votes in its own rules and ABC says they are in effect!

Maybe I just don't understand the question. I am a really simple person but
have bowled for many years.

When you write the bylaws for a league you can put in any points system the
league members will vote for and it is no problem.














  
Date: 03 Feb 2005 23:07:03
From: Jack B
Subject: Re: League Point System????
> Maybe I just don't understand the question. I am a really simple person
> but
> have bowled for many years.

Bill don't sell yourself short ... you are a complicated pile of bio-mass
and don't forget it! I can't go thru one day without my mass! Neither should
you.

BTW, I was kinda confused on the question too ... maybe I am too simple!
hmmmmm

Jack B

"NimBill" <nimbill@aol.comtisme > wrote in message
news:20050204012445.08521.00000468@mb-m06.aol.com...
> >From: "Eddie" EddieJ300@bex.net
>
>>Where can I find info on the different options for our League Point
>>System?
>
> As a start you might consider examing the bylaws of other leagues that
> bowl on
> the same lanes. Chances are pretty good your league will understand them
> even
> if you don't.
>
> The league votes in its own rules and ABC says they are in effect!
>
> Maybe I just don't understand the question. I am a really simple person
> but
> have bowled for many years.
>
> When you write the bylaws for a league you can put in any points system
> the
> league members will vote for and it is no problem.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>




   
Date: 05 Feb 2005 01:26:27
From: NimBill
Subject: Re: League Point System????
>From: "Jack B" elbundo1@comcast.net

>Bill don't sell yourself short ... you are a complicated pile of bio-mass
>and don't forget it! I can't go thru one day without my mass! Neither should
>you.

>BTW, I was kinda confused on the question too ... maybe I am too simple!
>hmmmmm
>
>Jack B
>

I just truly did not get it. A league can vote in any point system it chooses.
A Senior League I know of and am thinking about joining gives a point for
bowling more than 100 pins over your age.

How is ComCast Service? It is supposed to be available soon in my area ad AOL
is just getting worse. If I switch to a cable modem I can save money.










    
Date: 17 Feb 2005 17:56:04
From: Jack B
Subject: Re: League Point System????
Bill,

I was re-reading the email I sent and I did not really answer your primary
question. When I had AOL it was over a telephone wire. I did not DSL. So,
Comcast was an upcharge all the way. It was a little over $20 per month more
than the AOL phone line. I think as it compairs to DSL it is the same or
maybe in some areas a little less. You will need to do the compairsons that
way.

But in terms of time to work with the net, the cable modem has been great. I
am saving time in my communications and sending files over the phone line
system hands down. So I see a productivity gain with the Comcast system.

I hope that answers your question a little better,

Jack B
"NimBill" <nimbill@aol.comtisme > wrote in message
news:20050204202627.00990.00000482@mb-m04.aol.com...
> >From: "Jack B" elbundo1@comcast.net
>
>>Bill don't sell yourself short ... you are a complicated pile of bio-mass
>>and don't forget it! I can't go thru one day without my mass! Neither
>>should
>>you.
>
>>BTW, I was kinda confused on the question too ... maybe I am too simple!
>>hmmmmm
>>
>>Jack B
>>
>
> I just truly did not get it. A league can vote in any point system it
> chooses.
> A Senior League I know of and am thinking about joining gives a point for
> bowling more than 100 pins over your age.
>
> How is ComCast Service? It is supposed to be available soon in my area ad
> AOL
> is just getting worse. If I switch to a cable modem I can save money.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>




    
Date: 04 Feb 2005 19:01:17
From: Jack B
Subject: Re: League Point System????
Hello Bill,

I have had a cable internet access for several years now. It has been
reliable and seems very fast. Some of the techy's I know say it has it's
limitations but I have not noticed them. The issue as I understand is the
upload speed is a little slower than DSL or TI. If you go that route make
sure your cable company provides all the equipment you will need. For
instance, if you do not have an ethernet card in your PC you will need one.
They may provide it. When I signed up the cable modem unit was a $10 per
month rental. So I purchased my own for $135. I think today you can get a
similar unit for $70 or $80 bucks. When I did that they warned me that of
the protocols for the cable modem change I may need to buy a new one. After
3 1/2 years I still have the same unit! So, take that for what it is worth.
If you are going from a telephone modem to a cable system you will notice a
significant difference. The difference from DSL to cable is not as great but
I have never experienced the "load" factor that can happen with DSL to slow
down the system with my cable modem. With DSL the more people accessing the
system it can bog down.

One place I work had a DSL system (verizon) and there were several times the
system would be down which in business was frustrating. I have never had
that problem with the cable connection.

Hope this helps,

Jack B

"NimBill" <nimbill@aol.comtisme > wrote in message
news:20050204202627.00990.00000482@mb-m04.aol.com...
> >From: "Jack B" elbundo1@comcast.net
>
>>Bill don't sell yourself short ... you are a complicated pile of bio-mass
>>and don't forget it! I can't go thru one day without my mass! Neither
>>should
>>you.
>
>>BTW, I was kinda confused on the question too ... maybe I am too simple!
>>hmmmmm
>>
>>Jack B
>>
>
> I just truly did not get it. A league can vote in any point system it
> chooses.
> A Senior League I know of and am thinking about joining gives a point for
> bowling more than 100 pins over your age.
>
> How is ComCast Service? It is supposed to be available soon in my area ad
> AOL
> is just getting worse. If I switch to a cable modem I can save money.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>