bowling-forum.net
The bowlers choice for bowling chat.

Main
Date: 02 Jul 2007 17:10:55
From: Tony R Smith
Subject: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
I would like to be the first to congratulate Chip Aki for his 814 series
holding up in Singles at USBC Nationals earning him an Eagle. I was
concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us might
have a reasonable chance of beating him... I am glad that they didn't.
Three other 800 series were bowled, one in Singles, but none were better
than Chip's. Besting a field as large as Nationals and earning an Eagle
is a lifetime achievement that ranks right up there with a 900 series.
It was exciting to be there and it will be even more exciting when they
officially give him the Eagle next year. Way to go Chip!!!

CHIPAKEEEEE!!!!!! ;-)




 
Date: 20 Jul 2007 12:37:54
From: Ryan Press \(NI\)
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
Nice one Chip :-)

Ryan


"Tony R Smith" <tonyrsmith@myrealbox.com > wrote in message
news:4689940f$0$4659$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
> I would like to be the first to congratulate Chip Aki for his 814 series
> holding up in Singles at USBC Nationals earning him an Eagle. I was
> concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
> Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us might
> have a reasonable chance of beating him... I am glad that they didn't.
> Three other 800 series were bowled, one in Singles, but none were better
> than Chip's. Besting a field as large as Nationals and earning an Eagle
> is a lifetime achievement that ranks right up there with a 900 series.
> It was exciting to be there and it will be even more exciting when they
> officially give him the Eagle next year. Way to go Chip!!!
>
> CHIPAKEEEEE!!!!!! ;-)




  
Date: 20 Jul 2007 14:41:32
From: Darby
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
Hey Ryan nice to hear from you. Where you been keeping yourself? Are you
still doing the tournaments ? Bring us up to date. :)
Dar
"Ryan Press (NI)" <juan-carlos.lupino@talk21.com > wrote
>
> Ryan
> "Tony R Smith" <tonyrsmith@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> news:4689940f$0$4659$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
>> I would like to be the first to congratulate Chip Aki for his 814 series
>> holding up in Singles at USBC Nationals earning him an Eagle. I was
>> concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
>> Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us might
>> have a reasonable chance of beating him... I am glad that they didn't.
>> Three other 800 series were bowled, one in Singles, but none were better
>> than Chip's. Besting a field as large as Nationals and earning an Eagle
>> is a lifetime achievement that ranks right up there with a 900 series.
>> It was exciting to be there and it will be even more exciting when they
>> officially give him the Eagle next year. Way to go Chip!!!
>>
>> CHIPAKEEEEE!!!!!! ;-)
>
>




   
Date: 21 Jul 2007 03:05:14
From: Ryan Press \(NI\)
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
Hi Dar,

Yeh every time i open outlook I mean to come on here, but get distracted...

Yep still doin the tournaments - won our national ranking tour this year
(just finished last month) so of to Luxembourg in september to represent us
in the European Champions Cup... Also finished 5th in the Northern Ireland
Open, 12th in the English Open and 24th in the Irish Open...

This last year hasnt been bad, shot 2 x 300s between february and march, and
shot an 806 and an 800 in february and June respictively :-)

And thats me up to date! lol What abot yourself??

Ryan



"Darby" <tenpinhawkeye@mchsi.com > wrote in message
news:wQ3oi.33583$Fc.9718@attbi_s21...
> Hey Ryan nice to hear from you. Where you been keeping yourself? Are you
> still doing the tournaments ? Bring us up to date. :)
> Dar
> "Ryan Press (NI)" <juan-carlos.lupino@talk21.com> wrote
> >
> > Ryan
> > "Tony R Smith" <tonyrsmith@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> > news:4689940f$0$4659$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
> >> I would like to be the first to congratulate Chip Aki for his 814
series
> >> holding up in Singles at USBC Nationals earning him an Eagle. I was
> >> concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
> >> Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us might
> >> have a reasonable chance of beating him... I am glad that they didn't.
> >> Three other 800 series were bowled, one in Singles, but none were
better
> >> than Chip's. Besting a field as large as Nationals and earning an Eagle
> >> is a lifetime achievement that ranks right up there with a 900 series.
> >> It was exciting to be there and it will be even more exciting when they
> >> officially give him the Eagle next year. Way to go Chip!!!
> >>
> >> CHIPAKEEEEE!!!!!! ;-)
> >
> >
>
>




    
Date: 21 Jul 2007 04:45:07
From: Darby
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
You missed my post a couple days ago. I had my right knee replaced about 7
weeks ago and have to do the other one too. I tried bowling 2-3 weeks ago
and the new knee is fine. My bowling has improved, but it's still the same
old right knee. I hope to hang on until next Spring and replace the left one
then. My average was steady dropping, so I'm hoping there will be some
improvement this Fall and then start really improving next summer. I won't
depress you with the story of my tournaments this year.....
Dar

"Ryan Press (NI)" <juan-carlos.lupino@talk21.com > wrote in message
news:KJeoi.84$mo.8@newsfe4-win.ntli.net...
> Hi Dar,
>
> Yeh every time i open outlook I mean to come on here, but get
> distracted...
>
> Yep still doin the tournaments - won our national ranking tour this year
> (just finished last month) so of to Luxembourg in september to represent
> us
> in the European Champions Cup... Also finished 5th in the Northern Ireland
> Open, 12th in the English Open and 24th in the Irish Open...
>
> This last year hasnt been bad, shot 2 x 300s between february and march,
> and
> shot an 806 and an 800 in february and June respictively :-)
>
> And thats me up to date! lol What abot yourself??
>
> Ryan
>
>
>
> "Darby" <tenpinhawkeye@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> news:wQ3oi.33583$Fc.9718@attbi_s21...
>> Hey Ryan nice to hear from you. Where you been keeping yourself? Are you
>> still doing the tournaments ? Bring us up to date. :)
>> Dar
>> "Ryan Press (NI)" <juan-carlos.lupino@talk21.com> wrote
>> >
>> > Ryan
>> > "Tony R Smith" <tonyrsmith@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> > news:4689940f$0$4659$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
>> >> I would like to be the first to congratulate Chip Aki for his 814
> series
>> >> holding up in Singles at USBC Nationals earning him an Eagle. I was
>> >> concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
>> >> Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us
>> >> might
>> >> have a reasonable chance of beating him... I am glad that they didn't.
>> >> Three other 800 series were bowled, one in Singles, but none were
> better
>> >> than Chip's. Besting a field as large as Nationals and earning an
>> >> Eagle
>> >> is a lifetime achievement that ranks right up there with a 900 series.
>> >> It was exciting to be there and it will be even more exciting when
>> >> they
>> >> officially give him the Eagle next year. Way to go Chip!!!
>> >>
>> >> CHIPAKEEEEE!!!!!! ;-)
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>




 
Date: 07 Jul 2007 18:45:14
From: Lisa with a Blackberry White Dot
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
On Jul 7, 9:14 pm, Mark <twobowl...@aol.com > wrote:
> On Jul 7, 8:02 pm, Lisa with a Blackberry White Dot
> Sounds like the local association will do the presentation and we'll
> have another celebration in ABQ. Eagles and burritos :)
>
> Mark

Don't forget the margaritas and maybe a mariachi band!

I just realized I know Fred Bauss, who won the then ABC Tournament a
couple of years ago with his team S & B Pro Shop; Fran Bax, who won
the then ABC Team in 1983 (I think that's the right year), and now
Chip, USBC singles champ.

You'd think some of their Eagle luck would start rubbing off soon ;)

Lisa



 
Date: 07 Jul 2007 18:14:06
From: Mark
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
On Jul 7, 8:02 pm, Lisa with a Blackberry White Dot
<eyeshot...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jul 3, 7:49 pm, Tony R Smith <tonyrsm...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
> > I was thinking that Roger Dalkin would present the Eagles during the
> > following years event. Something that huge should be presented in front
> > of your peers in my opinion. I know he will be vocally recognized next
> > year, but formally presenting him with the Eagle to me seems like
> > the correct thing to do... either way it will be very cool!
>
> So, does this mean USBC ships the Eagle to him instead of some sort of
> presentation? I have no idea how this works, and the bowling gods
> know I won't ever see one in my bowling career ;)
>
> Lisa

Sounds like the local association will do the presentation and we'll
have another celebration in ABQ. Eagles and burritos :)

Mark



 
Date: 07 Jul 2007 17:02:01
From: Lisa with a Blackberry White Dot
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
On Jul 3, 7:49 pm, Tony R Smith <tonyrsm...@myrealbox.com > wrote:
> I was thinking that Roger Dalkin would present the Eagles during the
> following years event. Something that huge should be presented in front
> of your peers in my opinion. I know he will be vocally recognized next
> year, but formally presenting him with the Eagle to me seems like
> the correct thing to do... either way it will be very cool!

So, does this mean USBC ships the Eagle to him instead of some sort of
presentation? I have no idea how this works, and the bowling gods
know I won't ever see one in my bowling career ;)

Lisa



 
Date: 03 Jul 2007 11:24:07
From: Mark
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
On Jul 2, 8:10 pm, Tony R Smith <tonyrsm...@myrealbox.com > wrote:
> I was concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
> Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us might
> have a reasonable chance of beating him.

Chip's a pretty happy dude right now. He's going to bring the Eagle to
Albuquerque so that we can take a group picture with it. Probably the
closest many of us will ever get to one of these. I suggested a
Stanley Cup approach to the trophy but Robin apparently nixed the
idea.

For those of you keeping track (which is none of you), Team Internet
now has a 5th and 14th in team and a 1st in singles. Not bad for a
bunch of guys whose only connection was access to USENET back in the
early 1990s.

Cheers,

Mark




  
Date: 03 Jul 2007 16:49:43
From: Tony R Smith
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
I was thinking that Roger Dalkin would present the Eagles during the
following years event. Something that huge should be presented in front
of your peers in my opinion. I know he will be vocally recognized next
year, but formally presenting him with the Eagle to me seems like
thecorrect thing to do... either way it will be very cool!

Mark wrote:
> On Jul 2, 8:10 pm, Tony R Smith <tonyrsm...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>> I was concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
>> Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us might
>> have a reasonable chance of beating him.
>
> Chip's a pretty happy dude right now. He's going to bring the Eagle to
> Albuquerque so that we can take a group picture with it. Probably the
> closest many of us will ever get to one of these. I suggested a
> Stanley Cup approach to the trophy but Robin apparently nixed the
> idea.
>
> For those of you keeping track (which is none of you), Team Internet
> now has a 5th and 14th in team and a 1st in singles. Not bad for a
> bunch of guys whose only connection was access to USENET back in the
> early 1990s.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark
>
>


 
Date: 03 Jul 2007 00:42:10
From: Tony R Smith
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
For anyone interested, here is a link to an article in the Reno
Gazette-Journal featuring an interview with Chip

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070701/SPORTS/707010348/1018

Tony R Smith wrote:
> I would like to be the first to congratulate Chip Aki for his 814 series
> holding up in Singles at USBC Nationals earning him an Eagle. I was
> concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
> Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us might
> have a reasonable chance of beating him... I am glad that they didn't.
> Three other 800 series were bowled, one in Singles, but none were better
> than Chip's. Besting a field as large as Nationals and earning an Eagle
> is a lifetime achievement that ranks right up there with a 900 series.
> It was exciting to be there and it will be even more exciting when they
> officially give him the Eagle next year. Way to go Chip!!!
>
> CHIPAKEEEEE!!!!!! ;-)


 
Date: 03 Jul 2007 02:58:24
From: Lisa with a Blackberry White Dot
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
On Jul 2, 8:10 pm, Tony R Smith <tonyrsm...@myrealbox.com > wrote:
> I would like to be the first to congratulate Chip Aki for his 814 series
> holding up in Singles at USBC Nationals earning him an Eagle.

Now that is AWESOME news. I was so happy to see that face looking
back at me on the USBC website after he rolled the score and now the
Eagle is his.

Congratulations, Chip! :D

Lisa




 
Date: 02 Jul 2007 20:29:18
From: Max
Subject: Re: Chip Aki gets an Eagle
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:10:55 -0700, Tony R Smith
<tonyrsmith@myrealbox.com > graced this newsgroup with:

>I would like to be the first to congratulate Chip Aki for his 814 series
>holding up in Singles at USBC Nationals earning him an Eagle. I was
>concerned that if "I" thought the shot was relatively easy, as far as
>Nationals goes, that some of the great bowlers that bowl after us might
>have a reasonable chance of beating him... I am glad that they didn't.
>Three other 800 series were bowled, one in Singles, but none were better
>than Chip's. Besting a field as large as Nationals and earning an Eagle
>is a lifetime achievement that ranks right up there with a 900 series.
>It was exciting to be there and it will be even more exciting when they
>officially give him the Eagle next year. Way to go Chip!!!
>
>CHIPAKEEEEE!!!!!! ;-)


I second that! CHIPAKEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!